Unfortunately, many people around the world use these light bulbs (which is a bad thing), because the experts warn that these light bulbs can cause anxiety, migraines and even cancer. Unfortunately, the main reason why people use these light bulbs is because the electricity is too expensive, and all these people are trying to save energy and save some money.
As we said, the electricity is too expensive, which is why most of us replaced the old standard light bulbs with environmentally-friendly and with the new generation energy saving light bulbs. But, the real and ugly truth about the new generation of energy efficient light bulbs is that they are so toxic that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage, due to the poison gas that is released.
And, one more thing – the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) warns that if broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into the air. A recent study conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency has confirmed this.
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
- Cluster headaches
- Inability to concentrate
Energy Efficient Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. 3 Reasons to Go Back to Incandescent Bulbs
- Energy saving bulbs contain mercury.
We all know that mercury is a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women. Well yes, and you’ll be shocked when we tell you that this toxin is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. Mercury can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Energy saving bulbs can cause cancer.
A recent study, conducted by the famous Peter Braun at Berlin Germany’s Alab Laboratory, has revealed these light bulbs contain poisonous carcinogens that could cause cancer:
- Phenol – phenol is a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture
- Naphthalene – naphthalene is a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture
- Styrene – styrene is an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct
- Energy saving light bulbs emit a lot of UV rays.
And yes, these energy saving lamps also emit UV-B and traces of UV-C radiation. According to the experts, the UV-radiation is harmful for the skin (can lead to skin cancer) and the eyes. The radiation from these bulbs directly attacks the immune system, and furthermore damages the skin tissues enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D-3.
And, one last thing – these bulbs are so toxic that we are not supposed to put them in the regular garbage. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, they are household hazardous waste. The experts say that you should be very careful and if you break one in a house, you are supposed to open all of your windows and doors, and evacuate the house for at least 15 minutes to minimize your exposure to the poisonous gas. Unfortunately, soon consumers won’t have the option to buy incandescent lights because they won’t be available. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) mandates the phase-out of incandescent light bulbs, and favors energy-efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. Thank you for your time and don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good day.